History

The Finnish Copyright Society was established by Christian Reims, Berndt Godenhielm and Henry Ådahl. The first meeting was held in Helsinki, Porthania on the 19th of February 1965 at 7 PM.

The chair and the board members elected at the meeting were:

Chair

professor Berndt Godenhielm

Members of the Board

LL.D Heikki Jokela
Director, Ph.D. Yrjö A. Jäntti
Vice Judge Klaus Lagus
Senior Adviser, Legislative Affairs Ragnar Meinander
Senior Adviser, Legislative Affairs Henry Ådahl
Vice Judge Christian Reims
Professor Martti Turunen
Judge of the City Court Kurt Walldén
LL.Lic Mikko Waltari
Vice Judge Erik Österberg

Present at the meeting were professors Berndt Godenhielm and Martti Turunen, vice judges Klaus Lagus, Christian Reims and Matti Anderzén, LL.M Åke Kolster, actor Jalmari Rinne, LL.Lic Mikko Waltari, Judge of the City Court Kurt Walldén and Director, Legislative Affairs Henry Ådahl. No secretary was elected at the meeting.


Honorary chairs


The First Chair of the Society 1965-73

Professor Berndt Godenhielm (1913-1998)


Chair 1974-1982

Senior Adviser, Legislative Affairs Ragnar Meinander (1918-1989)